Friday, April 25, 2008

Chile time

Finally, back on stationary ground with green things growing in it. It´s nice to stretch my legs after the boat and non-aerobic nature of Palmer. I'm up in Puerto Varas at the moment, having stayed a few nights in Pucon, a definite tourist trap full of English speaking backpackers. I highly recommend learning some of the native language when visiting a country so that you can avoid such places. It also helps you not seem like a complete idiot, a persona I'm becoming comfortable with after some friendly locals (everyone´s friendly) at the bus station spend 15 minutes trying to explain to me that the calling card I'd just purchased was in fact a recharge card for the local cell phone company. Ahh well.

The national parks are beautiful around here and the bus system is cheap and reliable, though prices aren't much cheaper than the US (though that could be the tourist-town factor). I don´t think I´ll be able to upload pics till I get back on the 1st unless I find a power adapter for my hard drive in Santiago, where I'll be on the 29th and 30th.

Have fun everyone.

1 comment:

Neal said...

Enjoy your travels. Some of us will probably follow in your footsteps in a few months.