Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The tax man cometh

In the manner to which my professors had become accustomed, I've just finished my taxes. I just finished filing an electronic extension, since tracking down some of the paperwork from here is a bit tricky. With moving and job turn-over, April 15th snuck up on me this year so I'm happy that it's easy to do things electronically these days.

I'm also fervently hoping that the IT folks who run the systems at these companies actually have decent network security. A shiny website and a large corporate name do not a secure network make, and I've worked at big-name places myself that actually still use things like ftp that transmit usernames and passwords unencrypted. Oh well, paper's not an option down here.


In other news, Chuck, my office-mate, has uploaded the videos of glacier calving that he took out our window a few months ago. You can see them with descriptions on his website: Glacier Calving, or directly at Youtube: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.

No comments: